Places Victoria has adopted a precinct approach to guide the development of Docklands.
Through a competitive bid process, Places Victoria has sold the right to develop each precinct, or land within it, to Docklands developers.
At the time of sale, the developer and Places Victoria enter into a binding contract, known as a Development Agreement, that outlines how and when the precinct will be developed. Each precinct has its own distinct master plan, which forms the basis of the Development Agreement.
This approach has resulted in a number of thriving precincts, each with its own distinct character.
Precincts and developers in Docklands include:
- Batman’s Hill – various developers including:
- Walker Corporation – Collins Square
- Lendlease – Melbourne Quarter
- Digital Harbour – Digital Harbour Holdings
- NewQuay – MAB Corporation
- Stadium Precinct – various developers including Capital Alliance
- Yarra’s Edge – Mirvac
- Victoria Harbour – Lendlease
- Waterfront City – Ashe Morgan